Separately, Dylan Roussel, an Android app developer at X (formerly Twitter), has shared an animation video demonstrating the Nothing Phone (2A) through a schematic and chipset details.
Nothing Phone (2A) Prototype
- Yogesh They say Nothing Phone (2A) said in a post on X that it has seen a prototype of the phone.
- Images of PVT Units show The phone is completely covered but the ‘About phone’ section and the back design are exposed.
- As per the images, the handset will be equipped with a centrally-located punch-hole cutout to house the selfie camera and flat edges.
- The back of the phone will have two cameras, placed horizontally instead of vertically like the other two Nothing phones.
- The Glyph LED lights are hidden under the case but the schematic animation video shows the design.
- Yogesh says that design elements will be borrowed from the Nothing Phone (1) and the Phone (2).
Nothing Phone (2A) Specifications (Tipped)
- The PVT images reveal that the Nothing Phone (2a) will feature a 6.7-inch AMOLED display, possibly with a 120Hz refresh rate.
- The processor section is hidden but it is rumored to be powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 7200 SoC.
- The chipset may be paired with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage but there may be other options at launch.
- The handset is likely to boot Nothing OS 2.5 out of the box.
- It may have a 16MP selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture.
- The phone may have a 50MP primary camera and a 50MP ultrawide sensor.
- The battery section mentions 1,000mAh but that’s just a placeholder.
- The phone (2a) may have the largest battery cell of any Nothing phone with a 4,920mAh battery.
- The handset is likely to boot Android 14 out of the box.
Nothing Phone (2) Animation
- Animation Video Shows that the phone (2a) also retain symmetrical bezels around the screen and this should improve the viewing experience.
- The rear panel has dual cameras placed horizontally in the middle, presumably in a circular housing.
- This is a refreshing new design compared to the vertical camera placement on the top-left corner.
- We also see three LED glyphs around the camera island and the arrangement of these also looks fresh.
- Dylan Roussel says that the Nothing Phone (2A) will be powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 7200 chipset paired with Mali-G610 MP4 GPU.
The Nothing Phone (2a) could launch around MWC 2024, which could be around February. We should get more details about the phone soon. Yogesh says that the price of Nothing Phone (2) can be between Rs 25,000 to Rs 30,000 in India.