- Nothing Phone (1) users can now download the latest Nothing OS update.
- It brings Android 14 with a ton of new features and customizations.
- Here's all you need to know about the Nothing OS 2.5 update for phones (1).
nothing ventured Android 14-based Nothing OS 2.5 update For the phone (2) last December. It has now started rolling out the latest software update nothing phone (1), The new update brings the latest Android version and some new customizations and glyph interface features.
Nothing OS 2.5 update released for Nothing Phone (2)
nothing announced latest software updates Having said that, this is the most significant update since the launch of OS 2.0. Apart from Android 14, Nothing OS 2.5 also comes with home screen and lock screen customizations, new Atmosphere wallpaper effects, and updates to the Glyph interface.
If you're on a Nothing phone (1) you can download and install the update by going to Settings > System > System updates.
Here's what's new in the Nothing OS 2.5 update
- Along with improving the editing wallpaper flow, a combined home screen and lock screen customization page has been redesigned to give you a more comprehensive view of the options.
- There's a new Atmosphere wallpaper effect that brings movement to the colors on your home screen. This update also adds solid color wallpapers and a monochrome color theme to the Basic Colors section.
- With the latest update, you can get direct access to the music visualization feature of the Glyph interface.
- The overall Glyph Light playback effect that syncs with your device's audio has also been improved in this update.
- Nothing new has been added to the glyph animation when NFC is being used, and it has improved the flip to glyph experience.
- You can now customize the power button by double-pressing it to quickly access a selected feature. There are also more lock screen shortcut options like Do Not Disturb, Mute, QR Code Scanner, and Video Camera.
- The update also lets you take screenshots with a three-finger swipe gesture. There's also a new screenshot editor and menu with more advanced editing features and quick deletion.
- The back gesture arrow visual should now look like nothing.
- There's a new pedometer widget to track your daily steps from your home screen.
- Nothing OS 2.5 also adds a media player widget that displays what's playing right now. You can also change songs from this widget.
- This update also adds a Screen Time widget to monitor and manage your daily screen time.
Nothing OS 2.5 also brings some changes to the quick settings menu. These include support for switching ring modes, setting up a network without unlocking the phone, and an updated layout that shows more device icons. The overall experience of the Weather app and notifications of weather alerts have also been improved.
Another small but important feature is now the possibility to set the ringtone and notification sound volumes separately. This update also improves the system stability and battery life of the Nothing Phone (1).