Samsung Galaxy A55 Geekbench details
- As revealed in the Geekbench test (Via), the Exynos 1480 SoC performed remarkably with a single-core CPU score of 1180 points and a multi-core CPU score of 3,536 points.
- These scores surpass the performance of the Exynos 1280 chip found in the Samsung Galaxy A54, which recorded 1,108 points in the single-core test and 2,797 points in the multi-core test.
- The Exynos 1480 uses the S5E8845 chipset and has an octa-core CPU architecture, consisting of four high-performance CPU cores clocked at 2.75GHz and four power-efficient CPU cores clocked at 2.05GHz.
- The chipset is equipped with an RDNA2-based Xclipse 530 GPU, which reportedly offers significantly improved performance compared to the Mali GPU used in earlier Exynos chips.
Samsung Galaxy A55 specifications (expected)
The Samsung Galaxy A55 5G is speculated to feature a host of specifications including a 6.5-inch 120Hz display, a 50MP rear main camera, a 5,000mAh battery, and more. Here's a quick overview of what to expect from the upcoming one based on current rumors and leaks.
- Display: The Samsung Galaxy A55 features a 6.5-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate and Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- Chipset: The upcoming smartphone is expected to be powered by Exynos 1480 SoC along with AMD GPU for enhanced graphics performance.
- Rear cameras: In the camera department, the Galaxy A55 is rumored to include a 50MP primary camera, a 12MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 5MP macro camera.
- Selfie Camera: For selfies, the Samsung Galaxy A55 is expected to have a 32MP front camera.
- storage: The Samsung Galaxy A55 is expected to come with 8GB of RAM, with storage options available in 128GB and 256GB variants.
- Battery: The smartphone will be equipped with a 5,000mAh battery, which will support 25W fast charging technology.
Samsung Galaxy A55 Design
- According to a recent set of 5K renders, the Samsung Galaxy A55 is set to sport a flat display design, complemented by a central punch-hole camera for a sleek look.
- The side frames of the phone maintain a flat profile, which resembles the design language of the Galaxy S23 series.
- At the back, the device features a vertical arrangement for the triple camera setup located on the left side, which contributes to a symmetrical and balanced design.
- The power button and volume keys are conveniently located on the right side of the phone, while the SIM tray is located on the top.
- For connectivity, the Galaxy A55 includes a USB-C port and speaker at the bottom, ensuring a streamlined and functional design.