- Xiaomi HyperOS update has started rolling out for POCO F5 users.
- This is the new OS from Xiaomi which is the successor to MIUI.
- POCO F5 should start receiving the new software update soon.
Xiaomi announced last October HyperOS, its new operating system for smartphones. HyperOS is based on a combination of Linux and the company's own IoT software platform Xiaomi Vela. So far, Xiaomi and Redmi phones have been part of the HyperOS rollout that started this month. Now it is being introduced for the POCO F5, a first for the brand.
POCO F5 HyperOS released
POCO announces the rollout of HyperOS for F5 smartphones on Twitter (Twitter). “POCO F5 owners will be the first to experience Xiaomi HyperOS. Eligible users will receive the OTA update and will be able to experience the new features,” POCO said in the post.
POCO F5 users should start receiving the new update soon. They can check manually by going to Settings > About phone > System updates. POCO said it plans to introduce HyperOS to more phones, and release dates will be announced soon.
Xiaomi HyperOS Features
- HyperOS replaces the long-running MIUI on Xiaomi, Redmi and POCO phones. The new OS is supposed to be more efficient, and should work better on all devices, even those with low RAM capacity.
- Although an upgrade over MIUI, HyperOS does not offer many visual changes but mostly works under the hood.
- With HyperOS, apps will boot faster, and also stay in background memory longer.
- It comes with AI features including AI-generated text through XiaoI input assistant.
- HyperOS also lets you capture text on photos, turn doodles into paintings, and search images using natural language.
- It also brings this functionality to use your phone's rear camera as a webcam. This is possible through Xiaomi HyperConnect and HyperMind which lets you share your mobile data with other devices and receive notifications on devices with larger screens.
- HyperOS brings new lockscreen customization options, and Control Center and stock apps get minor UI tweaks.
Xiaomi has so far released HyperOS for several phones including Xiaomi 14 and Xiaomi 14 Pro, Redmi K60 Ultra, Redmi K50 Pro, Redmi K50, Xiaomi Pad 6 and others.
Post Xiaomi HyperOS starts rolling out to POCO F5 users: everything you need to know first appeared on 91mobiles.com,